Kelvin Kwa was born in Penang, Malaysia in 1969. When he was 12 years of age, he and his family moved to Melbourne, Australia where he currently resides to this day. It is a testimony to the English teachers who encouraged him through high-school that their classes were the only ones he ever enjoyed especially when asked to write essays of a purely creative nature.
He would like to tell you that upon graduation, he became employed as a journalist for a prestigious publication or news media organization...but that would not be true. Perhaps he served in the military or law enforcement and brings his extensive knowledge and experience from the field to bear in this, his first novel. Nope, didn’t do that either.
The only things that are relevant to Kelvin’s skills and qualifications in authoring this book are the following:
- He’s pretty good with English.
- He saw Aliens a total of eight times consecutively when it first came out in the cinemas. Die Hard six times. Jaws, five times (once with his grandmother who also enjoyed it more than a little bit). The list goes on.
- He reads a lot of books. Generally fiction. Generally Adventure, Sci-Fi and Fantasy.
- He collects the odd graphic novel.
- He plays video games and believes that the X-Box is the superior console.
This all amounts to the fact Kelvin is just someone with an over active imagination whose particular skill set lies in the acquisition and dissemination of useless but entertaining trivia. Hence, he describes himself as a story teller and nothing more. For the past 20 years, he has worked variously as a salesman and an IT engineer in the financial sector. Apex Predator is his first but not his last novel.